D & A before Adal and D are having a baby!

~ A Pregnancy Blog ~ This will change our life forever, and we're scared. Aren't you curious?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

An Engineer with an undisclosed government agency, she has a toolbox bigger than her make-up kit. She currently lives in Stockholm, Sweden.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Stool Theory

My belly is now 51.5 inches and I'm in my 20th week. I am halfway there. I can't believe I still have 5 more months to go. I'm already tired of being pregnant!! The hunger has calmed down. I've started to increase portions and making sure I have hearty snacks such as a banana AND raspberries or yogurt. Oooh, what would the Nazi Nutritionist say?!

I have heard that a common malady among those "great with child" is constipation and hemorrhoids. I have a complete fear of hemorrhoids and the accompanying pain. Albeit, I'm stumped. Although a few journal entries ago I mentioned some mild constipation, it has been replaced by at-least daily and relatively loose stools. I believe it is the prenatal pills and my diet. Bear with me:I believe that when you're pregnant, your body becomes more efficient, extracting more minerals, vitamins, proteins and other "good stuff" from the food we eat. In order to do this, the digestive process has to slow down to "grab" them. Think of a conveyor belt. If the belt goes too fast, you can't inspect every single item going your way. If you slow it down, you can inspect at leisure and take what you want. If there is less of an end product, the product becomes more compact, hence constipation. So if I take a prenatal vitamin that provides so many yummy good things to my body AND I'm eating pretty good, there should be no need to take so much out of the "end product". So I think that's why I've been lucky to not be so constipated. Besides, I notice when I take the prenatal, I'm not so constipated as those days I can't get it down.

Or it just hasn't hit me yet.

Anyway, enough about THAT. We are close to agreeing to a name. The diplomatic talks have ended, and we are at the treaty-signing stage. We should be able to announce to the world soon our decision. And I will not change it for anybody. A baby's name should be up to the mother and father only.

I just found out how much child care is. Hmm. I wonder how much my Chinese furniture and antiques would go for on E-bay? Or maybe I could get that equity loan I've been thinking about... I'm looking for volunteers to move in or close to me to take care of the baby as of April 1st for little or no salary.

It looks like I will be taking quite a vacation from work when the time comes, probably about 2 months before and about 3 months after the baby is born. Nothing is sure yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home