54 inches and growing...
54 inches. Read it, 54". Fifty-four inches around. That's an inch more than last week. This is my 24th week, so I'm officially at my sixth month. Let me put the 54 inches into perspective for you. I'm only 59" tall. So soon I will be as round or more than I am tall. Gaaa!!!
I'm hoping that the rate of growth will not be the same until the end. Because if that's so, and if I calculate a conservative gain of 1 inch every week and a half, at 16 weeks left of gestation, that means an additional girth of 10.72 inches. Plus 54" and that gives you almost 65" around. Now take a tape measure around your belly and pull it out to 65". You can barely stretch it out that much! So I hope to god my calculations are inaccurate.
Weight gain so far has been around 15 pounds over all. I'm feeling increasingly heavy and tired, there's been some noticeable swelling in hands and feet and nose (yes, my NOSE is getting swollen), and the back pain is getting worse. I can only walk or stand for short periods, any activity like cleaning toilets has painful repercussions in my back, and sleep is getting uncomfortable. I have a hard time flipping over at night from my right side to my left side and vice versa. And it hurts when my bladder is full. I've been going to the bathroom at least once during the night. And now I waddle. Yes, I have the pregnancy waddle and I think my bad posture is one of the reasons for the back pain.
Did I mention I still have 16 weeks (4 months) left to go?
Discovery Health channel on cable has a plethora of pregnancy, baby, and delivery shows. I don't know why, but I guess lots of people must watch them. So I've been watching a few. Sometimes I have to change the channel, I just can't take watching some of the stuff. There was a show about people having unexpected deliveries, and there was a couple who decided to give birth to their twins at home with a midwife and no medications. I applaud the effort by those wanting to go natural. Apparently, the midwife got stuck in a snowstorm or something and the mother starts going into labor. The first kid comes literally sliding out like a water balloon, but the second twin is breached. And with no midwife. The husband did little to help, as he was filming the whole thing on his camcorder. And then all of a sudden, there's a LEG hanging out of her you-know-what!! Just one dangly leg. At this point I'm so freaked I can't even move my neck to turn my head. Luckily, the baby maneuvered herself out of the tight spot and came sliding out okay. Ahhhh! The mom was calm and didn't even blink an eye.
Um, I'm getting the epidural. Thanks.
I'm hoping that the rate of growth will not be the same until the end. Because if that's so, and if I calculate a conservative gain of 1 inch every week and a half, at 16 weeks left of gestation, that means an additional girth of 10.72 inches. Plus 54" and that gives you almost 65" around. Now take a tape measure around your belly and pull it out to 65". You can barely stretch it out that much! So I hope to god my calculations are inaccurate.
Weight gain so far has been around 15 pounds over all. I'm feeling increasingly heavy and tired, there's been some noticeable swelling in hands and feet and nose (yes, my NOSE is getting swollen), and the back pain is getting worse. I can only walk or stand for short periods, any activity like cleaning toilets has painful repercussions in my back, and sleep is getting uncomfortable. I have a hard time flipping over at night from my right side to my left side and vice versa. And it hurts when my bladder is full. I've been going to the bathroom at least once during the night. And now I waddle. Yes, I have the pregnancy waddle and I think my bad posture is one of the reasons for the back pain.
Did I mention I still have 16 weeks (4 months) left to go?
Discovery Health channel on cable has a plethora of pregnancy, baby, and delivery shows. I don't know why, but I guess lots of people must watch them. So I've been watching a few. Sometimes I have to change the channel, I just can't take watching some of the stuff. There was a show about people having unexpected deliveries, and there was a couple who decided to give birth to their twins at home with a midwife and no medications. I applaud the effort by those wanting to go natural. Apparently, the midwife got stuck in a snowstorm or something and the mother starts going into labor. The first kid comes literally sliding out like a water balloon, but the second twin is breached. And with no midwife. The husband did little to help, as he was filming the whole thing on his camcorder. And then all of a sudden, there's a LEG hanging out of her you-know-what!! Just one dangly leg. At this point I'm so freaked I can't even move my neck to turn my head. Luckily, the baby maneuvered herself out of the tight spot and came sliding out okay. Ahhhh! The mom was calm and didn't even blink an eye.
Um, I'm getting the epidural. Thanks.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home