D & A before Adal and D are having a baby!

~ A Pregnancy Blog ~ This will change our life forever, and we're scared. Aren't you curious?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

An Engineer with an undisclosed government agency, she has a toolbox bigger than her make-up kit. She currently lives in Stockholm, Sweden.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The foot

Before all of you get all huffy and puffy and wonder why I haven't updated, well, it's been busy. My in-laws were here for 2 weeks, and it was very hard to do much else. Also, last week I had 3 doctor appointments, 2 flat tires, a closing on an equity loan, and a big headache. But I'm here with a surprise. I have a foot! Yes, the last ultrasound was last week and it clearly showed one large foot. She was facing away from the belly but gave us a good view of the foot.

I was at 28 weeks last week at the time of the ultrasound. The baby was showing 30 weeks and 4 days. So she is starting to get larger than what she is supposed to. Apparently this is kind of expected because I'm diabetic. But I thought I had it under such great control it wouldn't affect the baby at all. Although I DO have it under control, it's still on the high side for a normal person. What this means is that the size of the baby has to be monitored to make sure she doesn't grow too much. If she continues to be large, I will probably get a C-section. If the doctor thinks I can push her, he will recommend natural childbirth. If she grows too much, they will induce labor before my 40 weeks are over.

I'm feeling her move a lot now. It is a hard feeling to describe. It's in a very specific area, and it's like a dull thud. It doesn't hurt at all. It's like a bubbly feeling. My carpal tunnel pain is pretty bad, from my hands being swollen, and then being on a computer all day. I started using a brace to sleep with and it helps a bit. I haven't measured circumference lately, can't seem to find the damn tape.

I've got 10 more days of work left!!! My last day is October 25th and I CAN'T WAIT! Things I want to do when I stop working: go to Chiropractor, get pregnancy massage, get pedicure, set up baby furniture, get roof fixed, get house interior painted, go through some unopened boxes at a leisurely pace, wash baby clothes Kim gave me and organize them by size, SLEEP, get another massage, catch up on pregnancy books (still on 4th month in the "what to expect" even though I'm 7 months), prepare my hospital suitcase, sleep some more, watch some tv, take classes like "how to wipe your baby's ass". That's all for now. I'll think of more for next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger D' said...

And I still question, how and why do people do this more than once??? In my ignorance and because I am behind in my reading, I had to look up Meconium. Yuch. Must make it subject of next post...

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home