Depressing Moments
54 1/2 inches. Somedays I can barely go 2 hours without peeing. And rarely a night where I don't get up to go. I've developed a weird pain just below my wrist. I don't know if it's a nerve or carpal tunnel, but it really hurts. I think it's probably from poor circulation. I can't wear my watch or rings because now my hands are so swollen. My feet as well. And I still think my nose is swollen. But in general, everything is going well and seems normal.
I had an appointment with the endocrinologist Tuesday, and he gave me the thumb's up that everything is looking good. It has taken a lot of effort to get where I am now, a lot of sacrifice and time, so I'm proud. I probably should be prouder of Adal, who is really the one who feeds me and scolds me and looks over me and is constantly asking what my sugar level is.
I have to admit, I feel a little disappointed. I'm disappointed in the amount of stress I've had since I found out I was pregnant. Moving from one side of the world to another is not easy, and 3 1/2 months later, I STILL haven't gotten my house effects! They are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Which just adds to my stress, because I can't really work on getting everything put away. I can't really move heavy boxes, and unpacking can be strenuous. I can't hang stuff on my walls, because we haven't finished painting yet. At the pace we're going, we'll be done painting next year. I'm still working, and it's very busy here. The commute can be long, and by the time we get home, we are so tired all we want to do is relax.
But as a good friend just told me over the phone, "this is the best time of your life and don't let anything or anyone take that away". Yeah dammit. I WILL be happy about this and enjoy it. I keep thinking when I stop working I will feel better because I will have more time and less stress. I just wish I had 4 pairs of hands to get everything I want done.
So that's the depressing moment for today. Tomorrow I get 8,000 lbs (4 tons) of household crap, everything from furniture to pots and pans to underwear that no longer fits me. Yeay.
I had an appointment with the endocrinologist Tuesday, and he gave me the thumb's up that everything is looking good. It has taken a lot of effort to get where I am now, a lot of sacrifice and time, so I'm proud. I probably should be prouder of Adal, who is really the one who feeds me and scolds me and looks over me and is constantly asking what my sugar level is.
I have to admit, I feel a little disappointed. I'm disappointed in the amount of stress I've had since I found out I was pregnant. Moving from one side of the world to another is not easy, and 3 1/2 months later, I STILL haven't gotten my house effects! They are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Which just adds to my stress, because I can't really work on getting everything put away. I can't really move heavy boxes, and unpacking can be strenuous. I can't hang stuff on my walls, because we haven't finished painting yet. At the pace we're going, we'll be done painting next year. I'm still working, and it's very busy here. The commute can be long, and by the time we get home, we are so tired all we want to do is relax.
But as a good friend just told me over the phone, "this is the best time of your life and don't let anything or anyone take that away". Yeah dammit. I WILL be happy about this and enjoy it. I keep thinking when I stop working I will feel better because I will have more time and less stress. I just wish I had 4 pairs of hands to get everything I want done.
So that's the depressing moment for today. Tomorrow I get 8,000 lbs (4 tons) of household crap, everything from furniture to pots and pans to underwear that no longer fits me. Yeay.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home